Sunday, November 17, 2013

Getting Lost in All of the Hecticness of Life

I realize that I made a pledge to post to this blog more often...and maybe I should have taken the lead from Lara at Overstuffed and done the NaBloPoMo, which is the National Blog Posting Month, where you promise to blog every day in November; but alas I didn't, so you get what you get from me when you get it.

On top of this being the beginning of the busiest time of the year, a lot is happening in my life right now that takes my attention away from blogging.  As I have mentioned before, I have a brother-in-law who is fighting cancer.  He is nearing the end of this fight and that takes a lot of mental time which could be used other places.  I drove my mother-in-law and sister-in-law to Austin on Tuesday to see him and drove home on Wednesday.  This was an unplanned trip that was necessary.  I spend Thursday worrying about them driving home after a not so restful night and then sitting with my SIL at her house just talking when she got home.  Mentally exhausting, but necessary things.

One bright thing out of this week was I got to see Brenham.  I haven't seen him since June and will get to see him again this weekend which I am very much looking forward to.  He has his directorial debut this weekend with the Madrigal Dinner that is put on each year by students at UT.  Last year we went and the show was on David's birthday....this year it is on my birthday, so this is my birthday present to me.

I am also in the process of doing alternative certification to teach.  This requires a lot of computer time that I have not gotten to get enough in this week.  Plus, it's the week before Thanksgiving and I have to start making my homemade rolls.  With my bread machine, each batch of dough takes and hour and a half.  Then I make the rolls and put them in a pan to put in the freezer.  These are the best rolls, so I make plenty.  Each batch only produces about 12-16 rolls, so it takes me a while.

David finally is finished with band practice so he's home earlier until after Thanksgiving when soccer practice starts.  OH....and I am working on all of the web stuff for Beaumont Little Dribblers.  AND, we only have one car at the moment, so trying to get everyone where they need to go is a chore.  Nicholas takes the car to school, a neighbor takes David to school and I sit until they get home.  Then if Nicholas has work, depending on how I feel and if David needs to be picked up, he may or may not take his car.

I am doing all of this to get to a place in my life where I can buy a car and I have a full time job and we have money to go see Brenham more often....or maybe get him home.  I know I will get there, but right now it just seems like it is hopeless...but at least I have all of this hecticness to keep me busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment