Friday, June 13, 2014

What I'm Reading

This is what I am calling my summer reading list.  It's more like a "I want to read these books" list as I really don't have just summertime to read.  I could honestly get all of the Alex Cross books by James Patterson in order and just sit and read until I am finished.

I read a lot.  Probably more than the average person.  Most of what I read is what I refer to as "crap"....meaning it isn't classic literature and it isn't going to enlighten me to how to fix my life.  I just read what I like...and most of it is, well, not crap, but fun and meaningless.

Janet Evanovich is one of my favorites.  I have read the entire number series.  I am patiently waiting for June 17th so I can start Twenty-One.  I also like Debbie Macomber.  I don't have any of her books on my list right now, but I am sure I will read something by her soon.  I just got into Patterson's books.  I have to admit, for such a prolific writer, he is awesome.

"Wicked" is a book we have had for a while.  I didn't get it for the longest time, but now I do.  Not getting it kept me from reading it, but now that I understand, I want to try again.  I really want to see the musical and hopefully one day I will. 

I wasn't as impressed with "The Fault in Our Stars" as others have been.  I don't even want to see the movie now.  It was good...just not what I was thinking it was going to be.

Maya Angelou has always been someone I admired.  She worked her way up from nothing to become one of the most influential writers/poets in the world.  That's why I want to read her autobiography.

The other one....well, that's one of my "fun and meaningless" books.  I have read the Fifty Shades series, and this pre-dates those, so I thought why not.

What are you reading?  What are your favorites?  Leave me a comment if you want to share.     

No comments:

Post a Comment